We all lead very busy lives and we realise that not everyone can find the time to join us as a regular leader (even though it’s an amazingly rewarding role and we’d love to have some new leaders!). If you do have any time to give (no matter how little),
or if you would just like some more information, please speak to any of the leaders.
Even if you can help out once a fortnight, month or term or just at special events, there is a role you can play. Why not help with: taking the register, badges, subs, banking, rota, cooking, games, hikes, crafts, preparing activities, clearing up…?
- Staying to help tidy up at the end of the meeting sometimes
- If you have a particular skill or hobby that you would be prepared to share with the group then please do let us know and we’ll do our best to incorporate it into the programme.
- Offering to help on a regular or occasional basis
- Being an occasional helper or supporter, you just help out, either weeknights or supporting running an event/making things happen.
- You don’t become a member of the Scout Association and have no formal role.
- Sounds scary, but it’s just Scout speak for someone appointed formally to help leaders run activities, and are, or become members of the Scout Association.
Everyone on the team volunteers their time. We have roles that can utilise as little or as much time as you have to offer.
Leaders and helpers enjoy:
- Making weekly fun happen
- Shared experiences
- Hikes and camps
- Helping our kids help others
Current formal roles available:
- Parent Representative
- Assistant Section Leader
- Website manager
- Fundraising Manager
Ready to apply?